Group Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support
Group Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) for Healthcare Providers
The AHA’s ACLS course builds on the foundation of lifesaving BLS skills, emphasizing the importance of continuous, high-quality CPR. This course is for healthcare professionals who either direct or participate in managing cardiopulmonary arrest or other cardiovascular emergencies and for personnel in emergency response.
What does this course teach?
- Basic life support skills, including effective chest compressions, use of a bag-mask device, and use of an AED. NOTE: ALL ACLS CLASSES INCLUDE BLS INSTRUCTION AND A SEPARATE BLS CERTIFICATE.
- Recognition and early management of respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Recognition and early management of peri-arrest conditions such as symptomatic bradycardia
- Airway management
- Related pharmacology
- Management of ACS and stroke
- Effective communication as a member and leader of a resuscitation team
How long does this course take?
New Certifications –On average, a New ACLS Certification Course at our Training Facility takes approx. 6 hours.
Renewals – On average, a Renewal ACLS Certification Course at our Training Facility takes approx. 4 hours.
Prerequisites – You will be required to take a Pre-Course Assessment before the day of class, once the assessment is complete, please print out the screenshot of your passing grade and bring it to class. This is required for documentation purposes.
The Pre-Course Assessment can be found and completed here.